Tuesday 17 December 2013

Cleaning the Oven

Cleaning the oven is not one of my favourite tasks, but I have learnt if you clean it regularly it is much easier and much quicker to do. The girls and I love to bake and doing it in a clean oven is preferable.

I prefer to use non toxic cleaners, here is my very simple, non toxic method of cleaning my oven:

To remove the baked on food at the bottom of your oven sprinkle with baking soda. Fill a spray bottle with vinegar (I use white vinegar), then spray this over the baking soda, allow to sit for an hour or two. Then it should be easy to remove, if not, repeat the process.

To clean the shelves, place a few old towel in your bathtub (enough to prevent scratches) then place your shelves on top of the towel and sprinkle nappy-san over top. Fill bath with HOT water enough to cover the shelves. Leave for approximately 1 1/2 hours or overnight. Gently scrub grime, should easily come off.




Use a scourer to give a scrub to the stubborn areas this really isn’t much effort at all, it should just fall off. Then rinse the shelves with boiling water.

No comments:

Post a Comment